Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scary, yucky pretend kitchen.

Notice the cobwebs on bottoms. Yuck! I went to a garage sale in Canyon Lake a few weeks ago.  I figured for $5 it was worth a try to get this in shape for Addie. 


I found the company that made these stamped on the back so I googled it.
Elves & Angels from Maine


Here's the current version.  Selling for $219.  Whhhaaat?
A good cleaning, spray paint and pretty knobs.  Addie was super excited to play with this.
But I told her it had to stay outside for a while to make sure no critters were still coming out of it!


Here's a step stool at an antique store.  Price - $5.


I spray painted the frame using masking tape to cover the black steps and then added a new seat cover! Pretty!  It stays in the pantry right now.


Here's a picture I've had forever.  It's pretty, but I don't like the gold frames anymore.


So I took off the back to take the print out.


Spray painted the frame grey and added some fun fabric.  
Debating on adding a black and white photo to it. 


This is a broken chair I picked up at a thrift store for $5. Perfect to try out one of my first redo's.



I added some cushion and new fabric to the seat 
and spray painted the frame.


I love this chair.  The fabric makes me happy.


When I go thrifting sometimes I see old dishes that are cool or pretty.  These were all around $1 or $2.



Used a little E-6000 glue and turned them into 
pretty cake plates.  Or I guess in this case, 
a cheese and fruit platter.



No comments:

Post a Comment