Friday, February 24, 2012

Dad comes for a visit!

This past week my dad was here.  Basically to work on a few projects my sister and I had for him.  He's a carpenter kind of guy and although our husbands are great, they don't do that kind of stuff.  He didn't get to golf which he loves, but that's ok because he'll be back in a month or so and that's all he plans on doing.

So my first project for him was to help me organize my craft closet.  I just had everything in totes and stacked up.  It was such a hassle trying to get to something.  Here's what it looked like....





And here's the work in progress....


And here's a look after I put most of the stuff back in!!!  I'm so happy I love it!!  I will still keep moving stuff around until I get it just right but for now it works!!  Thanks Dad!!!  You're the bomb-diggity!


Room for the cameo, wrapping paper, and a shelf for my photo albums.


Totes for my scrap fabric and a roll out underneath with my scrapbook paper.  Yay!



I also had an old hope chest I had spray painted yucky brown and put fabric on the top.  That was about a year ago and I already hated it.  I'm starting to do some lighter colors in my house which is really hard to incorporate when you have all the dark browns and reds.

But I'm changing my decor one can of spray paint at a time.
I'll have to look for my before picture but here's the after.


Now, the inside is cool too.  Three separate spaces for Kale, Mom & Dad, and Addie.


Hopefully I can now avoid this.  Which used to work for me fine before but now the dog pulls everything out of the basket and I have to wrestle him down to get shoes out of his mouth.




No comments:

Post a Comment