Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bunnies, Eggs, & Chicks Oh My!

The other day I was at TJ Maxx and under a stack of Easter stuff I found these beautiful grey eggs! Ok and btw.... why is it spelled gray and grey?  So confused.  Anyway.... Easter.  Eggs.  Grey (one of my new favorite colors).  I HAD to have them!  They were in a box of 6 and cost $9.99.  
I looked for more but didn't find any.  Boo.
  

And later that week I was looking at an antique store and came across these cute little nests.  $3 each.  Kind of a lot but I thought they could be cute together.  I bought 6.


Nope.  Bad idea.  The nests were way too small.  Hmmm.....  Think. Think. Think......

Well, yesterday I took my hubby to a Brewery for his birthday and as we were leaving I saw a broken tree branch in the parking lot.  I said "Waaaait!!  I need this."  And he already thinks I'm crazy buying old, used, broken stuff so he must of thought I was drunk AND crazy, but I wasn't.  I remembered how my friend Sarah had told me she had found branches on a construction site before and used it as a centerpiece.  Good idea!

And Ta-Daaaa!  I love my pretty decor!  Used an old mason jar I picked up at a garage sale for $1, broke up the branch and hung my pretty eggs.
Pretty, pretty!  Kale said he loves it too. 


So basically, I think you can make a cute Easter center piece with a jar, twigs, and pretty eggs.

I'm still working on my Easter table, but I did find some smaller eggs for my cute little nests.
Go ahead, say it.  "Awe...."




1 comment: